- Multi-Media Journalist
KLKN in Lincoln, Nebraska is looking for an investigative journalist to help strengthen the 8 Investigates Team. This is not an entry level position.
Lincoln is a vibrant community known for its low cost of living and high quality of life. READ: You can absolutely afford to live here and have fun.
From the Haymarket District and its eclectic spirit right next to the University, to the 131 miles of hiking/biking trails through town, to tree lined neighborhoods where neighbors are like family, there is something for everyone.
If you are a hard worker who's curious, innovative, and relentless in getting the story, you will fit right in. Investigative knowledge with a strong desire to learn more required. You must have an insatiable desire to win breaking news day-of and all the follow up stories. You should be able to multi-task and thrive under pressure, while still having opportunities to dig deeper into certain stories and produce special reports as needed.
If you want dig deeper, we’ll teach you. If you want to research a story, we’ll give you the time. If you have an idea, we'll listen.
On an average day you will…
- Enterprise story ideas
- FOIA something
- Shoot video and interviews using good video and audio practices.
- Produce stories for television, digital and social.
- Edit video (experience with Premiere would be great)
- Interact with members of the community in person and on social media
- Shoot your own live shot using backpack and cellular technology
- Post to social media accounts for station
- Contribute to special projects and station initiatives
- Be a team player and build up the rest of the team as you can and ask for help when needed
The job comes with generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K, etc. Vacation, paid holidays and paid time-off. Exceptional growth opportunities
Serious journalists only should email Jennifer Hardy, firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to send a reel with your recent work and showcase any investigative work you’ve done.
Standard Media Group LLC (SMG) is a broadcast and digital media company committed to delivering local news and information on multiple platforms to communities across the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
- Kiss The Ground
- Check out opportunities available with Kiss The Ground.
- Promotions Manager
KLKN, the ABC affiliate in Lincoln, Nebraska is looking for a creative talent to work with the management team in the planning, marketing and branding of Channel 8 KLKN-TV, on-air, in digital media and in other media. Must have an eye for good design, be able to shoot video, operate non-linear editing equipment and have a grasp of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
Lincoln is a vibrant community known for its low cost of living and high quality of life. You can absolutely afford to live here and have fun. From the Haymarket District and its eclectic spirit right next to the University, to the 131 miles of hiking/biking trails through town, to tree-lined neighborhoods where neighbors are like family, there is something for everyone.
- Participate in presenting ideas to attract viewers
- Write creative scripts with a call to action
- Shoot video
- Create graphics
- Edit video (experience with Premiere is preferred)
- Interact with members of the community on station public service campaigns
- Create posts to the station’s social media accounts
- Contribute to special projects, station initiatives and other station projects
- Be a team player
The job comes with generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, etc. Vacation, paid holidays, and paid time-off.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email resume and video reel link to, Jeff Swanson, email@example.com with the subject Promotion Manager. No calls or in-person inquiries, please.
Standard Media Group LLC (SMG) is a broadcast and digital media company committed to delivering local news and information on multiple platforms to communities across the United States. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response.
- News Anchor/Reporter
Channel 8 KLKN-TV in Lincoln, Nebraska, is looking for a News Anchor/Reporter to add to our morning news team.
This is your chance to be a leader on-air and behind the scenes while changing the dynamic of morning news in this market. We are looking for a Showstopper, someone who lives and breathes journalism, who is a sponge for news stories, and is ready to dig deep beyond the headlines and into the meat of the story. You must thrive during breaking news coverage as well. Investigative experience a plus.
You should be as news savvy as you are at ease on camera. The ideal candidate can break down difficult stories and present them in a compelling manner tailored to morning news. You are engaged in the process from planning to producing to presenting. You’ll turn a package or two just because it’s good content and you know how to tell a good story.
You should also have a powerful social media presence and a knack for interacting with viewers. The only thing you would like more is the community events you attend on behalf of the station.
This isn’t an entry-level position. This is for a seasoned anchor journalist who is ready to help reinvent and innovate morning news. You will also have an opportunity to mentor staff members and expand into digital platforms. Ready to apply? Email your reel (with a full segment of anchoring) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response.
Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- On-Air Talent
Job Title: On-Air Talent
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Produces and executes on-air radio content that is both entertaining and informative to the listening audience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plays music as specified by music director and music log.
- Writes script, contests and interview questions.
- Memorizes script, reads, or ad-libs to identify station, introduce and close shows, and announce station breaks, commercials, or public service information.
- Prepares and creates content by gathering information from media outlets, wire copy, periodicals, and by interviewing direct sources.
- Ascertains local issues and develops public affairs programming. Monitors news development with all media outlets including social media, and direct sources.
- Develops and maintains relations with newsmakers and community.
- Records interviews for news and musical guests or other public personalities and edits interviews.
- Interviews guest, and moderates panel or discussion show to inform and entertain audience.
- Answers phone lines and interviews members of listening audience who telephone musical requests. Airs contests according to the specifications of the program director.
- Plans and stages community events, including hosting and assisting at charity functions.
- Sets up equipment and attends live, in-person appearances as scheduled by the station or requested by clients and provides on location reports from site of event.
- Provide play-by-play of athletic events including, but not limited to football, basketball, volleyball, and baseball.
- Provide live in-game updates of athletic contests for simultaneous coverage of events.
- Contact and record interviews with coaches and athletes for weekly show and game day previews.
- Compile results from sporting events to create an on-air sportscast.
- Create a document of sports-related stories to post to station website(s).
- Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within the station and a strong personal community involvement.
- Ensures logged commercials, promotions, station ID’s and any other programming element essential to the station's operations are aired.
- Operates control console.
- Performs commercial production.
- Follows and enforces FCC regulations, station and company policies, including implementing station's / state's EAS procedures.
- Performs additional duties such as production, assisting program director or music director, operating radio transmitter or writing advertising copy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school for mass communications with broadcasting emphasis. A minimum of two years radio station experience is preferred. A combination of education and experience is desirable.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as periodicals and news flashes. Ability to develop and write creative and/or informative scripts. Ability to speak effectively, entertainingly and clearly before large listening audiences and radio station clients.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to operate an on-air control board and remote broadcast equipment. Knowledge of multiple computer programs. Ability to use a headset. Ability to multi-task. Ability to be knowledgeable with current events and local community events. Digital experience preferred for production and on-air board operation. The ability to get along with others - specifically must be able to interact with the listening audience and clients in a professional manner. Ability to think and process information "on-the-air" is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and state mandated auto insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel buttons on control board; and talk and hear with a headset. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to read computer screens, news wire flashes, logs, promotional copy and/or scripts, and appropriate vision needed to drive as required for a valid driver’s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The stress is usually high because of the on-air pressure of stringent deadlines and timing. The employee must be able to frequently work long hours and weekends without much prior notice. Must be able to travel locally to and from remotes and special events.
Contact Nancy Nedved for more information and to apply.
- Content Beat Recorder
Location: Vermillion, Sioux Falls or Rapid City
Agency: Information & Telecommunications
Employment Type: Permanent Employee
Salary: $19.07 - $20.03 per hour; depending on experience
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Bureau of Information and Telecommunications. For more information on the Bureau of Information and Telecommunications, please visit https://bit.sd.gov/.
South Dakota Public Broadcasting (SDPB) is a statewide, joint radio and television network, that is also South Dakota’s NPR and PBS affiliates. We seek an energetic, organized, and goal-focused professional journalist to cover news with a special focus on one of our coverage beats. This role will seek out new voices, spot trends, navigate the climate in South Dakota, and write stories that help South Dakotans understand the issues related to the assigned beat. This position will focus on a beat to be determined. This position is a high-profile member of the SDPB news team and will lead work on a statewide network for a discerning audience that appreciates and supports good local journalism.
Applicants should have skills that span enterprise and feature reporting, daily news reporting, and be able to think broadly about story formats and presentation across all digital platforms. The ideal candidate will have sound news judgment and a clear, pleasant delivery. We are searching for someone with the ability to develop professional relationships that assist in newsgathering while remaining objective and professional at all times.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
A degree in journalism or media studies degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will also have the equivalent of 2-3 years of full-time experience in radio production story telling and/or journalism.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- strong organizational skills;
- ability to multi-task;
- strong writing and audio and video editing skills;
- ability to use windows operating systems;
- ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced news situation while providing accurate information to our audience;
- knowledge of South Dakota and policy makers;
- ability to know a story when you see it;
- ability to edit audio and create news stories;
- knowledge of social media sites and ability to creatively post content;
- video editing skills a plus.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Learn more and apply here.
- Assistant Buyer
We are looking for a passionate Assistant Buyer to support our purchasing department with the selection and procurement of products. The Assistant Buyer's responsibilities include maintaining positive vendor relations, placing and tracking purchase orders, managing inventory and keeping track of market trends.
To be successful as an Assistant Buyer, you should be confident, highly organized and an excellent communicator. An outstanding Assistant Buyer has an analytical mind and excellent negotiating skills.
Assistant Buyer Responsibilities:
- Assisting the buyers with tracking and order follow up.
- Assisting the buyers with the selection of the right product mix.
- Writing, placing and tracking purchase orders.
- Communicating with vendors and building positive, long-term relationships.
- Researching new suppliers and making recommendations to the buyer.
- Sample organization and follow up.
Assistant Buyer Requirements:
- Degree in business, economics, marketing, merchandising or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in the merchandising or retail industry is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35,000.00 per yearLearn more and apply here.
- Director of Membership & Marketing
Brookings Area Chamber of Commerce is searching for a self-motived, self-confident, results-oriented individual with the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and work in abstract environments. Must show demonstrated success in marketing, events management and sales; excellent negotiation skills, strong sense of urgency, excellent verbal, and written communication skills; exceptional customer service skills and professional, mature attitude; ability to ask for help when needed.Learn more and apply here!
- Media Sales Consultant
Do you have a passion and drive for helping local businesses grow and thrive by providing exceptional and unique marketing strategies? Are you looking for not only a job but a career? If so, we should talk! At Channel 8 Lincoln (KLKN), we are looking for our next Account Executive.
According to Livibility.com, Lincoln ranks #12 in it’s list of 100 Best Places to Live in the country. See Link. https://lnkd.in/drkAdee.
Successful candidate must be a self-motivated, highly organized individual with experience in new business development and the ability to enhance an existing client base is desired. Background in advertising and/or media sales including digital is preferred. Excellent career opportunity and compensation potential for the right client-focused individual.
This is a full-time position with insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays. Please send resume to email@example.com.
Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response.
Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Digital Marketing Strategist
We’re looking for a digital pro who knows how to develop and implement interactive strategy, increase engagement for clients across all digital media channels, and analyze the data to help improve campaigns moving forward. If you have a solid understanding of interactive marketing – SEO/SEM, PPC, email marketing, display, retargeting, affiliate marketing, Google Ad and data analysis through Google Analytics and other analytics data sources – and experience building and maintaining robust multi-channel campaigns, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. You’ll be working hands-on with an amazing creative team that has earned a reputation for marketing excellence and success.
- Data monitoring and analysis
- Develop interactive strategy
- Digital campaign budgeting
- Identifying trends, insights and new technologies
- Reporting and analytics
- Foster new business relationships
- Building client relationships
- Develop digital growth strategies
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- 3-5 years experience in digital marketing
- Google Ads and Google Analytics require / Hubspot preferred
- Agency experience a plus
- Proven track record of digital campaign success
- Ability to work independently
- Marketing talent
- Exceptional time-management
- Ability to facilitate multiple projects
- Passion for interactive marketing
If you have the skills and experience to jump in with both feet and get the digital job done, let’s talk. HenkinSchultz has great benefits and provides an inspired work environment where we encourage thinking differently.
To apply, please send your resume/references/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “digital marketing strategist” in the subject line.
- Marketing/Advertising/Journalism Internships
Rosenbauer America, a fire apparatus manufacturer in Lyons, SD, is looking for interns in their marketing/advertising/journalism department. Email Callan Jarabek for more information.
- Marketing Internship
Unique student opportunity to support innovation at SDSU and across South Dakota.
The University Center (UC) at SDSU is seeking a marketing intern to support their grant initiatives. The UC is looking for an energetic and creative individual to lead the development and implementation of a program-specific marketing plan.
The UC at SDSU is funded by the US Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration (EDA). The mission of the Center is to foster innovative economic development throughout the State of South Dakota by utilizing university resources, forging strategic collaborative partnerships, and addressing industry-driven needs that include sustainable energy, precision agricultural technologies, and COVID assessment and mitigation strategies.
That may sound a bit stuffy, but the UC is doing great work. However, we need help telling our story, effectively reaching our customers, and ultimately fostering innovation across SD.
Anticipated type of work:
Content Creation | Social Media Management | Website Updates | Event Planning & Coordination | Gather, Analyze and Report Data | Administrative Tasks | Other Duties as Assigned (of course)
Excellent Communicator – verbal and written | Creative | Highly Proficient and Comfortable with Social Media Platforms | Analytical | Organized | Comfortable Multi-tasking | Absorbs Information Quickly | Finds Humor in Puns
Pay: $12/hr. | Start date: As soon as possible. Ideally, would work 3 - 6 hrs/wk until end of semester and then 20 - 25 hrs/wk through summer. | Will provide you a laptop with software needed to create marketing materials (Ex. In Design by Adobe). | Can work from home or, if Wi-Fi access is an issue, can provide workspace on campus.
Sound like a great opportunity? Yep, we think so too!
Send your resume to Stephen.Gent@sdstate.edu. Subject Line: Marketing Internship
- Marketing Communications Intern
The Marketing Communications intern will work collaboratively with Persona’s Marketing, Business Development, Sales and Human Resources teams to implement the organization’s traditional and digital marketing communication strategies. Responsibilities include professional-level work in the areas of social media, digital marketing, branding, media/public relations, marketing communications and internal communications.
This position is best suited for a college student with Junior or Senior status and is an excellent portfolio-building opportunity. When applying, please provide a resume and cover letter, 3-5 samples of your work, and a brief description of each sample item that explains why it’s a good representation of your talents. Samples must include at least one social media post and be in PDF format.
- Assist in developing and curating written and visual content for a variety of traditional and digital channels.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining Persona’s multiple social media accounts, digital profiles and general online presence.
- Provide support to Persona’s Marketing and Business Development teams for internal communications, customer communications, speechwriting, presentations and other needs.
- Monitor and assist in the maintenance of PersonaSigns.com.
- Assist the Marketing and Business Development teams with public relations and media relations efforts, as well as events.
- Research current trends in related fields (communications, marketing, sales, business development, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Dedication to customer service, quality, and value.
- Active listening and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize time effectively to meet established goals, adapt to changing priorities, and work independently.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (beginner), including Photoshop and InDesign; Microsoft Office applications (intermediate), including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with web and social media platforms as a business/strategic tool (beginner/intermediate), including WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and/or Twitter.
- Knowledge of web-based tools such as (or similar to) Hootsuite, Asana, Canva, MailChimp is preferred.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time, temporary position. Typical days and hours worked are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position will require an employee to be able to be sedentary for long periods of time in an environment with the noise level of an average office.
- Swiftel Internships
As a member of the Swiftel Directory team, you will be responsible for performing sales calls and visits for our print and online advertising opportunities. You will help to empower and grow local businesses by providing affordable and effective marketing campaigns through our print, mobile and online directory tools.
Now is your chance to be a part of a company that has offered over 110 years of trusted experience in the advertising field. In fact, the first Brookings Telephone Directory was published in 1908 and continues to be a respected and powerful marketing tool today for local businesses with over 42,000 local directories distributed in our communities each year.
If you enjoy helping businesses in and around the Brookings area with their marketing and advertising needs, are sales-oriented and have an appetite for learning, and want to connect in the Brookings Community—we want to meet you and would encourage you to apply!
Please apply online at swiftel.net.
Questions may be directed to:
- Human Resources
- Swiftel Communications
- Phone: 605-692-6325
- Email: HR@swiftel-bmu.com
- Design Intern
UpFrame Creative is a boutique creative agency focused on website design, branding and graphic design. We are dedicated to small business owners and entrepreneurs because we believe good design should be accessible to everyone, no matter how big or small your business is.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Use the Creative Cloud software to design various items such as graphics, images, documents and illustrations
- Design layouts for projects, and determine which colors, images, and fonts to use
- Seek and incorporate feedback and changes recommended by colleagues
- Prepare digital files for production and work with print shops to complete projects
- Complete internal marketing projects for the UpFrame Brand as assigned
- Maintain and post on the UpFrame Creative Social Media platforms
- Make updates to WordPress websites as assigned
- Continue to learn new skills in design software, digital media as well as design trends
- Creativity and artistic ability: must be able to create unique visuals that express ideas and concepts as well as follow the UpFrame Brand guidelines
- Listening skills: to understand our needs and taking feedback
- Verbal communication: to clearly present and explain your ideas
- Comfortable with the creative applications used to create projects
- Time management skills: Tight deadlines and simultaneous projects require the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Writing content for blogs, social media and client projects
- A self starter, exhaust all your options before you ask, but ask
- Demonstrate developing visual design skills
- A graphic design major/minor preferred
- A strong design portfolio
- Familiarity with graphic design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, WordPress is a plus)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback (a thick skin)
- Flexible hours
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Occasional free coffee, food and high-fives
- Lots of laughter
- Being rockstars for our clients and deadline killers
- Grow your design skills tremendously in a real world environment
- See what its like to own a small business from behind the scenes
Send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com This position will remain open until we find the right candidate!
- Newsroom Intern
The Madison Daily Leader is looking for a summer intern in the newsroom! This is a paid internship writing stories and taking photos during June and July.
Email Marcia Shoeberl for more information and to apply.
- Marketing Intern
To assist with programs and services that promote member services and enhance the image of the cooperative to its members and the general public.
Reports to: General Manager/CEO and Manager of Finance and Administration.
Responsibilities and Authorities:
Performs the following activities unique to this position:
- Assist with digital content development for the website, social media, and written media for both internal and external communications.
- Assist with strategic improvement of H-D's target marketing platform by identifying target audiences and develop marketing content to be distributed across various platforms.
- Participate in community activities, such as parades to highlight the Cooperative’s Electric Vehicle.
- Create innovative ideas for campaigns to support an increase in member satisfaction distributed on multiple communication platforms.
- Assist with updating the cooperative website and social media updates.
- Organize all digital media content for easy access and future use.
- Assist with the monthly print magazine.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
Members; Effectively interact with members to promote and explain policies, procedures, and programs of the Cooperative. Does everything possible in the position to assess and address members' concerns courteously and expeditiously and provide the members’ superior service.
Public: Maintains friendly, cooperative relationships with the general public in the performance of responsibilities. Demonstrates an awareness at every opportunity to achieve increased member and public understanding for support of the Cooperative.
Must be a current full-time student or a recent graduate in a Graphic Design or Mass Communications Bachelor's degree program at an Accredited Institution.
Previous experience in a customer service or media field preferred. Strong computer skills required.
Must be able to acquire within a reasonable period a working knowledge of the cooperative's marketing programs.
Abilities and Skills:
Must be able to perform all duties to complete work assignments as described in the position description. This includes:
- Must be able to organize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to carry out a variety of activities that require a great deal of attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must know a variety of computer software programs including Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess the ability to clearly and concisely communicate, verbally and in writing, in exchanging information with the position's supervisor, employees, and the general public.
- Must be innovative to creatively develop new solutions to problems.
- Must have a willingness to share knowledge and work harmoniously with others.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to deal with a variety of people under differing and/or stressful circumstances.
- Must have and maintain a South Dakota driver's license and have an insurable driving record.
- Work is schedule vary, normal office hours are Monday – Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM. This position does require some Saturday work for community event involvement and can offer some schedule flexibility. The intern will work with reporting authority on the schedule of hours.
- Position requires occasional travel throughout the service area
- The position will be temporary and will consist of less than 500 hours.
- No benefits are provided for this position.
Learn more and apply here.