The mission of South Dakota State University Veterans Affairs Resource Center is to assist military veterans, their family members and their survivors, in obtaining all federal and state educational benefits and entitlements they have earned by serving in the United States military and to provide guidance and support services that will aid veterans in their transition to academic and civilian life.
- Coordinate programs specifically for veterans.
- House a federal certifying official to assist with financial aid.
- Assist students who are deployed and still enrolled at SDSU.
- Provide additional support to the SDSU Armed Forces Association.
- Collaborate with the city and county agencies that assist veterans.
- Work with returning National Guard units and other active-duty personnel to assist with admission/re-admission to SDSU.
- Work collaboratively with Financial Aid, Counseling Center and Disability Services to provide services and support.